DSC Seminar (2019)
The 15th DSC Seminar
"Fake Content, Manipulated Accounts, Chatbots, and KillFies on Social
Speaker: Dr. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru (IIIT-Delhi, India)
Place/Time: NII Room 1512, 10:00-11:00, Sep. 11th, 2019
The 14th DSC Seminar
"Towards Deep Visual Scene Understanding"
Speaker: Dr. Michael Ying Yang (University of Twente, the Netherlands)
Place/Time: NII Room 1509(seminar room 2), 17:00-18:00, July 26th, 2019
The 13th DSC Seminar
"Opinion Mining with Deep Contextualized Embeddings"
Speaker: Mr. Wen-Bin (Vincent) Han (National Tsinghua University, Taiwan)
"Profiling Humans, Profiling Bots, Profiling You"
Speaker: Prof. Paolo Rosso (Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain)
Place/Time: NII Room 1512, 13:30-15:00, July 16th, 2019
▼DSC Seminar (~2018)
About the Center
The Center aims at promoting research of informatics through resource sharing and collaborative research in the research community. We collect various datasets and provide them to the researchers, and in parallel conduct research and development on dataset building and their utilization platform, then develop those results to collaborative research activities.
- Providing informatics research datasets for researchers (Operation of IDR & SRC)
- Development of informatics research datasets (Operation of NTCIR)
- Research and development of a platform for shared content type research
- Promotion of collaborative research based on the shared datasets applying the platform
- OYAMA Keizo (Professor, Digital Content and Media Sciences Research Division)
- KANDO Noriko (Professor, Information and Society Research Division)
- SATOH Shin'ichi (Professor, Digital Content and Media Sciences Research Division)
- YAMAGISHI Junichi (Professor, Digital Content and Media Sciences Research Division)
- ONO Nobutaka (Professor, Tokyo Metropolitan University/Visiting Professor, NII)
- MIYAO Yusuke (Professor, The University of Tokyo/Visiting Professor, NII)
- SUMIYA Kazutoshi (Professor, Kwansei Gakuin University/Visiting Professor, NII)
- YAMASAKI Toshihiko (Associate Professor, The University of Tokyo/Visiting Associate Professor, NII)
- KATO Makoto (Associate Professor, University of Tsukuba/Visiting Associate Professor, NII)
- YAMAMOTO Takehiro (Associate Professor, University of Hyogo/Visiting Associate Professor, NII)
- OHSUGA Tomoko
- HORIUCHI Marika
- ISHIOROSHI Madoka
- SHIBUKI Hideyuki
- SHOJI Hiroko
- MIZUNO Hisayo
DSC Seminar (~2018)
The 12th DSC Seminar
"Approximating Human Perception via Multimodal Data Streams"
Speaker: Prof. Winston Hsu (National Taiwan University)
Place/Time: NII Room 1208, 11:00-12:00, Jan. 10th, 2019
The 11th DSC Seminar
"Learning Neural Character Controllers from Motion Capture Data"
Speaker: Prof. Taku Komura (University of Edinburgh, UK)
Place/Time: NII Room 1208, 14:00-15:00, Dec. 7th, 2018
The 10th DSC Seminar
"User Expertise Modelling Using Social Network Data"
Speaker: Dr. Yu Xu (Trinity College of Dublin, Ireland)
Place/Time: NII Room 1902, 16:00-17:00, Aug. 1st, 2018
The 9th DSC Seminar
"Analyzing Nontextual Content Features to Detect Academic Plagiarism"
Speaker: Dr. Norman Meuschke (University of Konstanz, Germany)
Place/Time: NII Room 1509(seminar room 2), 15:00-16:00, Jun. 14th, 2018
The 8th DSC Seminar
"Information Fostering: Being Proactive in Information Seeking"
Speaker: Dr. Chirag Shah (Rutgers University, NJ, USA)
Place/Time: NII Room 2005, 13:30-15:00, July 24th, 2017
The 7th DSC Seminar
"Egocentric computer vision, for fun and science"
Speaker: Prof. David Crandall (Indiana University Bloomington)
Place/Time: NII Room 1208, 14:30-15:30, July 6th, 2017
The 6th DSC Seminar
"From scientific idea to startup company"
Speaker: Prof. Laurent Daudet (Paris Diderot University, LightOn, Paris)
Place/Time: NII Room 1210, 14:00-15:00, Jun. 27th, 2017
The 5th DSC Seminar
"Exploring Information Spaces: Methods to Support Searching, Learning and Sensemaking"
Speaker: Prof. Andreas Nürnberger (Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany)
Place/Time: NII Room 2004, 13:30-15:00, Jun. 1st, 2017
The 4th DSC Seminar
"Recent advances for billion-scale similarity search"
Speaker: Dr. Herve Jegou (Facebook AI Research, Paris)
Place/Time: NII Room 1901/1902, 11:00-12:00, Apr. 20th, 2017
The 3rd DSC Seminar
"Anaphora resolution: to what extent does it help NLP applications?"
Speaker: Prof. Ruslan Mitkov (University of Wolverhampton, UK)
Place/Time: NII Room 1509(seminar room 2), 10:15-11:45, Mar. 24th, 2017
The 2nd DSC Seminar
"Computational Manga Analysis: Face Detection, Style Classification, and Manga Composition"
Speaker: Prof. Wei-Ta Chu (National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan)
Place/Time: NII Room 1901, 14:00-16:00, Feb. 16th, 2017
The 1st DSC Seminar
"Data Science and Information Science: A HumanCentric View"
Speaker: Prof. Gary Marchionini (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill）
Place/Time: NII Room 2001A, 16:00-17:00, Jan. 19th, 2017
National Institute of Informatics DSC Office
* Please replace（a）with @.